TagsAndes Asia big cats biodiversity Bird Conservation Nepal birding Birdlife International bird list birds capacity-building carbon neutral carbon sequestration checklist climate change CO2 Colombia community-based community outreach conservation cycle touring cycling ecology Ecosystem Services endemics Eungella Honeyeater field work filed work functional ecology global warming Golden Bowerbird Indigenous knowledge Latin America local guides methods montane tropics neotropics Nepal news ornithology ornithology research climate student project impact extinction endemic rainforest Thailand travel birding papers Paramo publication Queensland rainforest research sustainability tourism travel wetlands
- Birds in space… (multidimensiaonal trait-space that is)
- Presentation: Land-use, Climate Change and Avian Ecosystem Services in the Montane Neotropics: Managing for Resilience.
- ATBC 2014 Trip 1: “Gondwanan relicts and upland bird endemics of the Australian Wet Tropics”
- Null Models In Ecology: book download
- Presentation: “Rapid Population Shifts in Australia’s Tropical Montane Avifauna: Monitoring Responses to Climate Change”.
Tag Archives: wetlands
https://www.flickr.com/photos/complicando/sets/72157644055360763/ Its is a short drive from Cali over the misty peaks of Los Farallones, past El Dieceocho, to the pacific slope of Colombia’s Western Cordillera. But in this distance, many things change, both in terms of the visible environment, … Continue reading
Sedge Wren (Cistothorus platensis) I have to admit that after a month falling in love with Villa de Leyva, Popayán, another of Colombia’s famously colonial cities was a little under-whelming. Her cobbled streets had been paved over in the 1930s, … Continue reading