TagsAndes Asia big cats biodiversity Bird Conservation Nepal birding Birdlife International bird list birds capacity-building carbon neutral carbon sequestration checklist climate change CO2 Colombia community-based community outreach conservation cycle touring cycling ecology Ecosystem Services endemics Eungella Honeyeater field work filed work functional ecology global warming Golden Bowerbird Indigenous knowledge Latin America local guides methods montane tropics neotropics Nepal news ornithology ornithology research climate student project impact extinction endemic rainforest Thailand travel birding papers Paramo publication Queensland rainforest research sustainability tourism travel wetlands
- Birds in space… (multidimensiaonal trait-space that is)
- Presentation: Land-use, Climate Change and Avian Ecosystem Services in the Montane Neotropics: Managing for Resilience.
- ATBC 2014 Trip 1: “Gondwanan relicts and upland bird endemics of the Australian Wet Tropics”
- Null Models In Ecology: book download
- Presentation: “Rapid Population Shifts in Australia’s Tropical Montane Avifauna: Monitoring Responses to Climate Change”.
Tag Archives: carbon neutral
The next two days follow much the same pattern of early starts, a short ride up to the trail head, followed by substantial walks up into Finch-hatton Gorge to survey at my standard sampling sites. For access we use the … Continue reading
Day 3: the decathlon commences: Event 1: Try to get as much sleep as possible on a constantly-deflating thermarest. This is not as bad as it sounds if you approach it with vey low expectations of comfort, from there, the … Continue reading
Arriving in Finch-Hatton Gorge after our first 70 km of ride was a palpable relief. Turning of the main road east of the township and leaving the traffic behind, we crossed cattle creek in the waning afternoon light, and winding … Continue reading