TagsAndes Asia big cats biodiversity Bird Conservation Nepal birding Birdlife International bird list birds capacity-building carbon neutral carbon sequestration checklist climate change CO2 Colombia community-based community outreach conservation cycle touring cycling ecology Ecosystem Services endemics Eungella Honeyeater field work filed work functional ecology global warming Golden Bowerbird Indigenous knowledge Latin America local guides methods montane tropics neotropics Nepal news ornithology ornithology research climate student project impact extinction endemic rainforest Thailand travel birding papers Paramo publication Queensland rainforest research sustainability tourism travel wetlands
- Birds in space… (multidimensiaonal trait-space that is)
- Presentation: Land-use, Climate Change and Avian Ecosystem Services in the Montane Neotropics: Managing for Resilience.
- ATBC 2014 Trip 1: “Gondwanan relicts and upland bird endemics of the Australian Wet Tropics”
- Null Models In Ecology: book download
- Presentation: “Rapid Population Shifts in Australia’s Tropical Montane Avifauna: Monitoring Responses to Climate Change”.
Monthly Archives: March 2014
Colombia-Cauca-Dapa and El Dieceocho, a set on Flickr. Dapa and El Dieceocho Despite having lived or traveled in some of the biggest cities in the world (Rio De janeiro, Mexico City) and some of the most livable (Brisbane, Oslo?) and … Continue reading
Black Inca (Coeligena prunellei), “Prinipito de Arcabuco” 1, a photo by Alexanderson01 on Flickr. In surprising contrast to the dry hills surrounding Villa de Leyva, near Arcabuco one finds again cool and moist rainforest environment filled with mosses, ferns and … Continue reading
At Montezuma I was lucky enough to meet Colombian birding guide Pablo Flores, co-author of a great new resource for birders visiting Colombia : the book “Birdwatching In Colombia” This book is a mine of useful information on … Continue reading