Day 1: Got up at 4:45 am, rode fully-loaded bike to greyhound bus stop at the Townsville ferry terminal at 5:45am, unloaded bike, waited 45 minutes, learned that the driver had decided he couldn’t wait for the inconvenience of actual passengers, and had left at 5:45… by the time I was informed of this novel approach to customer service, it was too late to do anything but get the next bus…. Back home for a nap, then back to the bus stop at 10:00 am… kilometres ridden so far: 6.5. Not sure how to promote Greyhound as a great way to travel yet, though their generous sponsorship is still much appreciated!
TagsAndes Asia big cats biodiversity Bird Conservation Nepal birding Birdlife International bird list birds capacity-building carbon neutral carbon sequestration checklist climate change CO2 Colombia community-based community outreach conservation cycle touring cycling ecology Ecosystem Services endemics Eungella Honeyeater field work filed work functional ecology global warming Golden Bowerbird Indigenous knowledge Latin America local guides methods montane tropics neotropics Nepal news ornithology ornithology research climate student project impact extinction endemic rainforest Thailand travel birding papers Paramo publication Queensland rainforest research sustainability tourism travel wetlands
- Birds in space… (multidimensiaonal trait-space that is)
- Presentation: Land-use, Climate Change and Avian Ecosystem Services in the Montane Neotropics: Managing for Resilience.
- ATBC 2014 Trip 1: “Gondwanan relicts and upland bird endemics of the Australian Wet Tropics”
- Null Models In Ecology: book download
- Presentation: “Rapid Population Shifts in Australia’s Tropical Montane Avifauna: Monitoring Responses to Climate Change”.